Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Time for Family Quilts.


 Before things get too busy again with Oz Comfort Quilts and baby sitting I'm determined to finish the two baby quilts I need to make for a great niece and a great nephew.  I love the Churn Dash block and have made 12 blocks sized 12.5 inches. That is I have completed 10 and have 2 more to finish tomorrow. 

Then I will add borders and machine applique the baby's name,  before quilting and finishing it. I hope to get it done in the next few days. Then I'll make the boy's quilt and I also have a donated UFO to finish as well as a top I started on New Year's day from my box of 4 inch squares. 

  I love making personalised quilts for the new babies of our extended family and hope their mums will like them. It's also good to get a few more UFO s finished as well as more tops quilted to donate.

Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

How wonderful, quilts for a great neice and nephew! Must be nice to get to do sewing for yourself for a change.

Maria said...

Great to do some of your own sewing and also manage donation ones..
Such a pretty quilt made from churn dash blocks in pink…
Will make the boys one the same in blues?
Lovely idea to put their names on them too.