Monday, January 3, 2022

First Finishes For 2022.

I don't think that I finished many UFOs last year, or I should say that not many of mine were finished,  but I did finish off quite a few donated ones and thought that I would get some more donated UFOs finished before the year gets busy again.

. We had a lovely Christmas and spent more time with the grandchildren and this little girl is 8 months old and trying to crawl so we've enjoyed watching her achieve her milestones. 

In between family commitments I have been finishing off this hexagon quilt top which was incomplete but came with extra hexagons.  I evened the top up by adding hexagons  to make it into a rectangular shape and finished it off today. The top was beautifully pieced by Jan Lock from Casey U3A (Vic) and Southern Cross Quilters.
This pretty pink top was in sections so I finished piecing it and finished it into a pretty quilt for a girl.
This next lovely top was one of many donated by Robin Walker and the Fishbowler Sewists from Tasmania. 
This next beautiful hexagon quilt top was found in an Op Shop and donated by Norma Aitken.  It was partially completed and over king sized but some sides had sections needing to be added but it was hard to discern the placement of the hexagons. I took some sections apart to even the sides up and make it 70 x 90 inches. I still have enough cream hexagons to make another one or two quilts so will use them for another quilt.  I found a hexagon template shape with the name of Nance Davey so if you know her please let her know that her fabulous hand pieced hexagon quilt is now finished and ready for donation. That's my 2 UFO finishes already done for this year.

I also received a large length of yellow towelling from Diane Muir of Tasmania and had planned to use it for baby burp cloths,  however it was such a large piece and in such good condition,  that I used it to make 5 bath towels 4 hand towels and 2 face washers. I bound the edges with fabric binding as my overlocker isn't co-operating at the moment and the fabric binding will be sturdier. 
  Today was thankfully cooler so I pin basted several tops, added borders to tops, and quilted several, so there will be more finishes to share soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac 


3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh your GD is a real cutie…
Well done on the finishes…

Jenny said...

You are such a wonder! I can understand you wanting to spend time with your little cutie, and ztching her as she is learning to crawl.

ButterZ said...

Fantastic effort.