Wednesday, April 29, 2020

A Change of Pace.

 I've added a few additions to my sewing projects so I don't get bored with just quilting tops. I also make items for Peter Mac auxiliary shop to raise funds for patient services and I have received quite a few donated kits for them so I need to get somd finished while we're in isolation.
 The stitching only took an evening or so of stitching time but I appliqued the heart instead of stitching it and also didn't satin stitch the dots.
 I finished the stitching piece into the front of a small bag and it was fairly easy as everything was included in the kit. It wasn't how I would have sewn the bag together but I am following the pattern for these projects as I might learn some new skills.
 I also stitched the second block for Di Ford Hall's Lyre design based on an antique top in her collection. 
I'm piecing the background blocks using Max and Louise Pattern Co's fabric and so far I'm happy with the result.  There are only 9 blocks to stitch and I am using needle turn applique which I find is very relaxing.
I hope you're all enjoying finishing some UFOs or stitching some different projects too.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a pretty bag. Glad you are enjoying your slow stitching time.

Maria said...

You made a pretty bag using the stitchery ..
Your other project looks interesting....

kiwikid said...

Wonderful projects, the bag is lovely.