Monday, April 6, 2020

Busy Quilting Tops.

 There's a large pile of donated tops to finish for the Oz Comfort Quilts bushfire quilt appeal and I am gradually going to work my way through them. Del Soden from NSW made the first beautiful I Spy kid's top.
 Kris Forbes from New Zealand made the second beautiful top.
 The QAYG  blocks were donated by various quilters and they always make great quilts for all different age groups.


 The last top was made by a member of my quilting group,  AQA,  and will be donated to Peter Mac or Anglicare.
I also spent today cutting batting and backings for 10 quilts as the very generous Sharon Siacci of Beyond Meander Quilting has offered to quilt more tops for Oz Comfort Quilts bushfire quilt appeal and she does a fabulous job.
    The weather is cooling down now and I have decided to knit a jumper for each of the boys as well as looking for more UFOs to finish.  Social isolation isn't a problem when I have so many projects to work on, and our only negative is not being able to cuddle our grandsons, but safety of the community is a priority so it's not hard to do. In the meantime I think I will change it up a bit so I don't get sick of working on the same thing all the time.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Ulla said...

Great finishes, once again. - We have started speaking of "physical isolation" or "physical distancing" because the "social media" can keep us connected to lots of people and we are not alone.