Saturday, April 18, 2020

Quilts, Gowns, Masks and Scrub Hats.

 More donated tops I have quilted in the last couple of days and they will be lovely quilts to donate for our bushfire quilt drive.  The first 2 I Spy tops were made by Del Soden from NSW and the fabric she used is all different and very cute.
 I love the Hawaiian singing prawns and really enjoyed quilting them as it was fun seeing all the different fabrics.
 Robin Walker and the Fishbowler Sewists from Launceston Tasmania donated the next beautiful quilt top and I love the different blue fabrics.
 Sandra Still from NSW donated the last lovely top and it's a beautiful vibrant quilt.
This lovely Australiana top was made by Angela Silcock from the Northern Territory.
 Julie White and Rosemary Kreun (Vic) donated all of these masks which was a huge amount of work.
 The hospital has decided they will be able to use the gowns we donated and I am still waiting to hear if they still want the scrub hats. They provided the pattern fof the masks we made but have now changed their mind and want a different design so we won't be providing more. I'm guessing that all of these changes are due to their heavy workload and stress but I am bowing out of production other than quilts.
I have also been asked to provide 500 masks by Mission Aviation Fellowship who are an essential service and fly supplies and medical support to remote Aboriginal communities.  They have requested the masks for their pilots so they don't introduce infection to these isolated communities.
    I suggested we would provide them with 100 masks for now as they are also adking other groups for assistance. There is a box of masks already made so I will count them soon to see how many more are required.
   Many thanks for your help everyone.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

No comments: