Monday, May 4, 2020

Bushfire Quilt Appeal Update.

 I've  been in contact with someone working with the government bushfire recovery program which will be very helpful with quilt distribution when travel restrictions are lifted and we're hopeful that we might be able to start distribution during winter.
     This first QAYG quilt was made from blocks donated by several quilters as I combined those with mainly purples.
 Another donated quilt top has been finished and this one was madd by Angela Silcock from NT.
 This lovely top was one of several donated by Diane Muir from Tasmania.
 I also quilted a lovely quilt for AQA's Gift Quilt Program and I love the Civil War reproduction fabrics used.
 I also received another large parcel from Carleen Richardson from Tasmania and she sent this beautiful oriental quilt top with backing and binding.
 Lyn Rootes from Tasmania also sent 16 fun appliqued "hand" blocks for a child's quilt, and she also included a large amount of fabric.
I've also been making some of the donated tops larger and making more tops from donated blocks, and I plan on getting busy with getting more tops quilted now it looks like we will be able to start distribution in another 4 to 6 weeks or so.
  I hope you're all enjoying some time at home and staying safe.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Beautiful gifted quilts..