Saturday, April 25, 2020

Almost a Stay-cation.

 Rather than trying to quilt as many tops as possible each day,  I have found that I needed to slow down a bit and take things a bit easier. A lovely supporter, Linda Rother, donated several Block of the Month kits and a couple of my sewing angels are stitching them to be donated to the bushfire quilt drive. I kept this set of blocks to hand applique and stitch and I am enjoying some slow stitching. This block is the 4th one I have finished and I changed it by appliqueing a teddy bear in the window as the pattern had a person viewed from the side and it didn't add much to the design and had lots of small fiddly parts to stitch.

 I will probably make 2 quilts from these blocks as they are quite large and will nake lovely kid's quilts.
I also finished knitting Aidan's jumper and I am knitting one for Jake now. The giwns and scrub hats have been delivered to the hospital and I am almost ready to post the masks off to MAF, so that's another job done. I also dropped off 30 AQA quilts for Peter Mac and have more of their tops to quilt so I  will be busy getting more of those and Oz Comfort Quilts tops quilted this coming week.
Peter Mac also receives quite a few donations of kits and patterns so I make them up for them to sell in their auxiliary shop to raise funds for patient services. Their shop us closed at the moment but when they open again it will be lovely to have some new stick for them. I have started stitching the panel today and will make it into a little girl's bag.
     There's also been a few nanna naps, sleep ins and reading happening here and it feels almost like we had a vacation at home so I feel refreshed and ready to finish more Oz Comfort Quilts in the coming week.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you have taken your foot off the pedal a bit and that you are feeling refreshed. You have obviously enjoyed doing something different and benefitted from that.

kiwikid said...

You still sound super busy, enjoy your quieter times.