Sunday, April 5, 2020

More Quilt Donations.

Before we put the finished Oz Comfort Quilts into storage I received another 10 from the Bendigo and District Quilters. They donated 63 and I have been receiving them from Mary Anne Rooney and Susan Iacuone as Susan traveled to Melbourne.








These 10 beautiful quilts will be such lovely comfort gifts when we can finally start distribution again.
I also received 25 quilts from my quilting group, AQA, and there wasn't much time for photos as we were trying to beat the oncoming rain and the possibility of travel lockdown due to the Covid-19 virus. Isn't this Nemo quilt a great idea. It possibly started as a panel.


I'm very grateful that a very kind friend was able to arrange storage for the quilts while we were waiting to distribute them. Little did we know that the virus impact would put a complete hold on any travel and distribution, so we are very grateful that we don;t have to live in a Quilt Factory for months.
   In the meantime, we'll now have room to store those quilts I am currently finishing off. As these restrictions are going to be ongoing for some time, I have listened to everyone's advice to slow down and take some time to work on projects other than quilting non stop. I would like to finish off more UFOs again so they might make another appearance if I can find them. I hope you're all enjoying some quiet "me" time as well so we will be energized when things return to normal.
Stay safe. Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: