Sunday, January 5, 2020

Weekly Catch Up.

 Here we go again!! I can't help but look back on how hectic it was with the 2009 bushfire quilt drive and knowing that made me hesitate initially until I  knew that we would have local contacts for quilt distribution as well as support for making quilts and blocks from other quilters. So far there has been quite a lot of interest and I think that social media will make it easier to inform and encourage quilters to participate so we can get more quilts made and donated. I finished 7 quilts this week, including 3 QAYG  quilts today, but it was too late for photos by the time I'd finished so I will share photos tomorrow.
 I've also asked for crocheted squares for blankets as they are also needed. I use 35 squares per blanket and that makes one 50 by 70 inches in size. I'm happy to join the squares but would also be happy to receive finished blankets. I use 8 ply yarn, a 4.5 or 5mm crochet hook and crochet 10 rounds per square. Don't stress too much over tension as I can make them work.
 Part of this week's fun was spending time with these two little dynamos. Jake loves drawing and singing and is such a delight.
Little Aidan is 7 months old this week and has started crawling. He can't wait to play with all of Jake's toys and he's found his voice now and can makes lots of noise. Life is always busy but lots of fun with our lovely grandsons and we're very grateful that they love spending time with us.
     I will repost my instructions for making QAYG blocks in case you need them and please share the request for support for this bushfire quilt appeal as the need is greater this time due to the vast areas affected.
   More tomorrow, and thanks for all your support.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

4 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Jan, where do we send blocks, please?
Thanks for your great work.
Regards, MaryAnn

Susan Iacuone said...

MaryAnn if you can get them to me, Renata lives 5 minutes from Jan

Anonymous said...

I live in the U. S. Would like to send some quilt tips. My email address lmwoytowicz@yahoo.com please tell me where to send them.

Sarah in Houston said...

I'd like to crochet some blocks. I'm in the US and I don't know what to use to match 8-ply. Also, what size can I make if I make the whole blanket.