Thursday, January 9, 2020

Oz Comfort Quilts' Labels For Bushfire Quilt Appeal.

 I've had some questions about labels so thought I would tell you what I  do for my donation quilts. I use calico and cut a 5 inch square.
 Then cut the square in half diagonally, and press down the long edge.
 Pin the label in place before stitching the binding.
 I sew the binding on and use that to anchor the label along 2 sides.
When completing the binding, I only have to stitch along the folded edge of the triangle and I machine stitch the binding down, making it harder for the label to be removed too.
  I am happy for you to write and stitch a label onto your own finished quilt. You could write: Made with love by Oz Comfort Quilts , your name or first name and surname initial, your state or country, 2020, gentle cold wash and line dry.
   As donations arrive I take photos and document every quilt with details of the sender so I could contact you if we receive a thankyou later. Please don't expect a response though as after donating thousands of quilts, I rarely receive a thankyou as people are experiencing such a traumatic upheaval in their lives that there is often no time and no materials on hand to write a note. I will acknowledge every donation here and on our FB page but I may not have time to write individual thank yous, especially if you don't include your email address.
   I finushed another 3 quilts today so we're making good progress.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

ButterZ said...

Great idea

kiwikid said...

Great idea for the label.

retdairyqueen said...

Jan Iam trying to email you to get the address to send some blocks It keeps bouncing back saying undeliverable
Iam in the process of making blocks and have a couple of friends on board
Thanks