Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Three More Boxes of Donations Arrive.

 Heather Ayres from Vic sent these first 3 beautiful quilts and they will be so welcome when we start distribution of the quilts .

 Heather also sent these 32 lovely QAYG blocks to make another lovely quilt .
 Gil Wright from NSW very generously donated 2 boxes stuffed full of items to donate . She has been very busy and donated 5 small quilts to be donated for people's pets.
 She also sent 3 cot quilts which will comfort some small children .
 Gil also sent 10 lovely tops as well as some binding .



 She also sent some lovely backing fabric .
 Thank you so much Heather and Gil for your very generous donations.
 I'm working full time again now our DD has gone back to work full-time and there will be less time for quilting so I will be working hard at night and the weekends. Some very good news, this little bear has finally started taking breast milk in a bottle which means we won't have to drive him for feeds at lunchtime. Or at least not very often. He's also cutting teeth but he's a very cuddly and happy little bear.
 Jake is starting to renegotiate whether or not he needs a nap but today we reached an agreement and I had an hour when both boys slept so I worked on putting another QAYG quilt together.  What a great achievement. Lol.
    I've received quite a few PMs from quilters who are wanting to visit after making lots of tops or blocks and wondered if it would be possible for you to post them in smaller numbers each time instead. I'm finding that the steady trickle of tops and blocks being donated means that I'm not getting overwhelmed and I'm keeping up with them pretty well so far. 
  I've also been asked quite often how long I will be accepting blocks and tops and at this stage I can see that the quilt drive will run for some time as most people won't be in a position to receive quilts until about 3 months after the fires cease. Once I have more information I will certainly keep you informed.
 In the meantime I will keep busy quilting. Many thanks for your support .
Hugs, Jan Mac


4 comments:

Maria said...

So many generous folk and you are a wonder . Not only working on quilts but also looking after those gorgeous boys.. So good Aiden finally taking the bottle , also hope Jake agrees to a sleep often to give you a break.

ButterZ said...

You are doing an amazing job keeping up and doing what you do.
Thank you to all the quilters out there that are supporting you too.

kiwikid said...

So good to see the donations coming in. You certainly are busy with the quilts and with those beautiful boys. Hope you get that sleep break in the afternoons.

Linda said...

More amazing donations. Lovely photos of your boys.