Thursday, November 26, 2020

780 Quilts, New Arrivals and Finishes.


To date we have donated 780 quilts as well as 70 blankets to the organisations we support. The bush fire affected communities have received 530 so far, and I still have more of those specifically donated for these areas, as well as the larger donated quilts, on hand for when we can visit those areas after Christmas.  We are still receiving finished quilts as well as tops and blocks to finish so the numbers of quilts continues to grow. It's an incredible number of quilts to donate, especially as we are an online group and I am very grateful that you have entrusted your beautiful quilts , tops and blocks to me to ensure they are finished and donated appropriately on your behalf. I would be doing this anyway but all of your support means that we are able to bring comfort to many more people. If you have donated tops and haven't seen them finished yet, please be patient as I will get them done as time allows and I expect to have more time next year.

I received these 3 beautiful quilt tops from Elizabeth Powell from ACT and they will be quilted soon to make more beautiful quilts to donate and bring comfort.

I've also finished off another of Lesley Lowe's lovely  I Spy quilt tops which will be loved by a child in need.
This lovely quilt top and binding was donated by Amelia Bicknell of Victoria and will bring a warm hug for someone in need.
I also quilted another top for AQA, my quilting group, and I will work on more of these tops for AQA's gift quilt program when we have a break from babysitting over the Christmas break. 
Many thanks for your generous donations everyone. 

Hugs, Jan Mac  

No comments: