Sunday, September 13, 2020

More Lovely Donations and Thank You Emails Arrive.

Lesley Lowe (Vic) is a long term supporter of Oz Comfort Quilts and she has very generously sent another 6 lovely I Spy kid's quilts with backings.
As well as multiple orphan blocks and fabric.
a UFO quilt and 7 more lovely beanies which will all be every welcome.
Carleen Richardson and Lesley Rosevears from Tasmania are also long term supporters of Oz Comfort Quilts, and they have very generously sent 3 QS quilt kits.
I've also received some more lovely emails of thanks for the quilts we've delivered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Jan,
 
Please accept my thanks for the quilt your sent to the Corryong College.

I work in the Stephanie Alexander program at the school and your quilt has given me the energy to go on since the fires and now COVID.

I appreciate how many hours you have taken to sew the quilt and I will always treasure it.

Thanks Again, your sincerely Kaye L.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hello Sue, 
My Name is Anna,  I wanted to send you an email and thank you for making the beautiful quilt I am sitting under right now. 

My family and I live in Corryong, Victoria. On the 31st of December 2019 the fires ripped through out area. 
My family have two farms one either side of the town it’s self. The fires burnt out majority of both properties. Thanks to the hard work and huge effort put in by my partner, his family and their neighbours they did not loose the house. Nor did any of our neighbours loose theirs or the dairy. However pretty much all of the grass was gone.
We lost a beautiful old heritage building on our property (it was called the old Wabba Pub) But the cattle were all saved.  We were definitely some of the lucky ones though. 

My daughter Hadley was 5weeks old at the time we had to evacuate with little to know communication with Jayden (my partner) and the fires burning back towards us again. 
Your quilt now lives on her bed (most of the time) and is a beautiful reminder that even though there was so much devastation at the time so much beauty has come from it. 

We love you quilt and thought you might like to know where it has ended up and hear our story. 

Thank you 
Kindest regards 
Anna 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A very sincere thank you to everyone who has supported our quilt drive.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: