Thursday, September 10, 2020

12th UFO Finish and UFO Progress

I found this lovely UFO top in a bag of scraps donated from Jo B.'s estate and it was almost finished and only needed the fused hearts around the border to be machine appliqued down. That took less time than it took to find fabric and make a backing so it was time to get it finished and ready for donation to a patient at Peter Mac. Jo B. had discussed where she would like her finished quilts to be donated, and Peter Mac was one of the organizations she was happy to support.
I'm also making progress with some of her other UFOs I'm finishing and this pile of braid strips are now a top and I just need to add a border, which should be done soon.
I also found this cross stitch piece and I have now finished it. I was thinking of making a cushion cover, or maybe use it in a quilt,  for Peter Mac. 



I found this strip of blocks as well as some finished blocks,  large green triangles,  and lots of pieces to make more blocks. 

I don't have a pattern for this one so will probably use alternate plain blocks to make it large enough for an adult quilt. The blocks measure to 5 inches so many will be needed for a larger quilt. I will piece the remaining pieces and then see how many I have altogether.
Blogger has changed it's format and I am not a fan as it isn't as user friendly. Hopefully they will sort out the problems as it's taking me ages to post photos and writing and it loses them very easily.
    The sun was out today, we face timed the family and we're a day closer to being out of lockdown so I am happy with that.
Hugs, Jan Mac 


 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Well done with continuing to finish the UFOs. Your addition of bright red strips to the braid ones is great. Result: a lovely bright cheerful quilt. Well done, Jan.

Pamela Arbour said...

You sure have been busy! You did a great job on everything. You are making a lot of progress

kiwikid said...

Wonderful progress. Blogger gets easier as you get used to it.