Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day.

 I hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day and took some time for you. It was a quiet day here as Victoria is still in Stage 3 lockdown but it's essential and we're coping ok because we're just grateful to be well. I have been busy quilting more donated tops as it's possible that we will be able to start distribution again soon. The first beautiful bright top with Australiana designs was donated by Illene Tiziani (Vic).
 This lovely I Spy quilt top was donated by Del Soden from NSW.
 Kerry Moore from WA donated this lovely I Spy quilt top for a boy.
 Maia Butler from NSW has sent another lovely quilt top for a child.
 Diane Muir (Tas) donated this beautiful top and one of my sewing angels finished the machine applique for me before I quilted it.
 Lyn Rootes from Tasmania sent another beautiful top.
Karen Bennett from Qld sent the lovely foundation pieced top and she also sent 2 others still to be quilted. The tops I quioted this week were from all over Australia and we're hopeful that we can start distributing the quilts before winter when travel restrictions are lifted. It's getting cold in the mountains around Corryong and I have been backing the tops with lovely snuggly flannelette donated by the Fishbowler Sewists from Launceston Tasmania so they will be lovely and warm for them.
I hope you all had a lovely day and stay safe.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

Maria said...

You will have sew many lovely quilts to donate soon, we hope.

Linda said...

Another lovely collection of donated quilts. All lovely but the first one is so unusual.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful quilts.