Thursday, May 7, 2020

Tribute to Di Ford Hall and Donations.

 I'm handstitching blocks for Di Ford Hall's Lyre design based on an antique top in her collection.  There are only 9 blocks and I have completed 6 so far and I am really enjoying some slower stitching.





 I also received a lovely child's quilt top, backing and binding from A. Silcock from the Northern Territory as two huge bags of QAYG blocks from Vic Quilters.

I have been contacted by a person working with the government's bushfire recovery program and we're hopeful that we will be able to distribute the quilts again as soon as travel restrictions are lifted which will be a relief. In the meantime I am busy quilting more tops so we have plenty of quilts ready to donate.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Lovely to see the blocks you have been working for yourself.
So many generous folk making and sending to help the bushfire comfort quilts.