Friday, February 28, 2020

What We Need.

This beautiful quilt for a male was donated by Helen Barron from New Zealand  and it will be very welcome when we start distributing the quilts.
      I am currently packing and counting quilts and getting ready to start distribution . From the information I have received already the number of boys are greater than the girls at a couple of primary schools and we need more quilts for junior boys.
    If you have time and fabric  to put together some I Spy quilts using simple squares that would be great. I have quite a few cot quilts but not a lot for junior girls either. If you could choose to make one for either a girl or a boy that would be a big help as often they are a mix and boys may not appreciate pink butterflies and fairies. I will be goinb through my novelty fabric too to get some more made before we start giving them out. Some of the schools in East Gippsland are ready to receive quilts before the end of Term 1 at the end of March so we are hoping to comply with their request if we have enough quilts suitable for their student's ages and genders.
      We do have a majority of quilts suitable for teen girls and women as well as smaller lap and cot quilts. I am extremely grateful to everyone for their support and will have some more finishes to share soon .
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

What size quilt for Primary age boys?

kiwikid said...

Have an I Spy partly done, will get on to it.