Sunday, February 2, 2020

More QAYG Quilts Finished.

 I managed to put 3 QAYG quilts together yesterday and today before we had a family day out in Yea. I never tire of QAYG  quilts and these were all made from donated blocks . The first quilt was made from 16 blocks donated by Maureen Hull of Victoria and I added 4 blocks made by Sue McPhee from Vic. These blocks were 12 inches in size and I didn't need as many for a quilt. It's a lovely quilt of bright colours.
 The second quilt was made from a composite of blocks donated from the UK , New Zealand,  and from around Australia , making a pretty quilt to donate.
This 3rd quilt was made from blocks donated by a regular supporter of Oz Comfort Quilts,  Maria Wilson from WA.  It makes it easy to get quilts finished when I receive these donated QAYG blocks.
As well as meeting my siblings and their partners for lunch it was lovely to find that my sister, Glenys, has also been busy crocheting squares to make blankets and she has made 12 squares so far.
     It was a lovely day out,  even though I didn't quilt today and there's still time to sew tonight. Many thanks for your help  everyone.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely QAYG finishes. Great to see some of my blocks in them. Your sister made some pretty crochet blocks.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful finishes, the quilts look fantastic.

margaret said...

I am amazed at the amount of quilts you complete, these are sure to be well loved