Friday, October 11, 2019

UFO Feast.

 As I tidy my sewing room I'm uncovering more and more UFOs so I can see that I will be working on UFOs for some time. Some are mine and some have been donated. Tye first one was an online hexie stitch-along and I only made 2 blocks. The first has been finished as a cot quilt and I'm adding borders to make this a lap quilt to donate. I keep getting distracted while I'm looking for border fabrics and I find others which are easier to finish.
 This set of blocks was from 2 tiny quilts that I deconstructed as they were too small for use. They had similar fabrics so I'm piecing them with alternate cream squares and it will make one larger quilt.
 I found this donated Log Cabin kit amongst the UFOs and thought it would make a great leader/ender project but when I unpacked it I found all if the light pieces for thd blocks were pre-cut but there were only 3 strips of dark fabric and no borders. The donor probably hadn't cut the dark strips and added it back to her stash. I've started piecing one block and will look for suitable dark fabric in my stash so I can finish the top. There are supposed to be 70 blocks using 1 and 1/2 inch strips and there are 8 blocks already made by the donor. It will be a lovely quilt for a male patient at Peter Mac when it's finished .

 I also found these blocks and pieces which need to be finished and I will look for mire fabric which will co-ordinate with them so I can make a larger quilt to donate.
These UFOs should keep me busy for a while, in between quilting more donated tops so I will try to make the most of my time and I have finished 6 already this week so I will have some photos to share at the weekend.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Linda said...

What a Treasure Trove you have hidden away!