Sunday, August 18, 2019

Weekly Catch Up.

 The first quilt was a top that I quilted for AQA, my quilting group and it's a lovely bright one.
 The next 2 are donated tops for my group, Oz Comfort Quilts,  and it's great to get some more if them finished.  I also pinned another 4 tops so I will get them quilted as time allows.
 I finished another baby cardigan for sale in the Peter Mac auxiliary shop. My knitting has slowed down as I have been doing more hand stitching so I can finish more of my UFOs, and I will share my progress tomorrow.
 PaPa and Jake made cupcakes for the first time and it's hard to know who enjoyed it more.
 There was lots of licking of the bowl and beaters and then tasting too. I put some into the freezer so they didn't eat them all.
I've also rejoined Vic Quilters for the third time and plan on getting more involved now that I live closer for meetings. The AGM was held on Saturday and it was lovely to catch up with Lola and Pam, 2 of my blog readers, as well as meeting new friends. It would have been very easy to stay at home and sew but decided that I need to maintain social contacts and be inspired by the work of other quilters. I really enjoyed the day and also took the opportunity to buy from the pop up shops. Today was spent in buying fabric for 2 quilt tops I want to finish as well as quilting more tops.  I hope you are having a productive weekend too.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Nice finishes..
What fun for PaPa and Jake making cupcakes...
Pleased you've joined a sewing group. Great to spend time with like minded friends...

Linda said...

Being a member of a Quilt Group is fun. Friendship, great conversations, ideas for quilts, troubleshooting help etc etc. I belong to two small groups, one where we take turns to host at home. I consider these Quilters as some of my closest friends as we journey through our roller coaster lives and support each other.