Saturday, August 31, 2019

Many Thanks Jenny, Jo, Erika and Joan.

 I received this lovely quilt top from Jenny B. in New Zealand and it's quilted and ready to be donated to Peter Mac.  I hope Jenny doesn't mind but I removed a couple of rows from the sides and a row from the top and bottom as it's a large quilt.  I often do this if they are a bit big for donation quilts as the larger ones use up a lot of batting. I have saved the removed rows and will be using them in another quilt in the future so nothing is wasted . The quilt is much brighter in real life and will bring comfort to its recipient, so thank you very much Jenny B.
 This lovely quilt was also a larger quilt from Jo L. from Qld. I divided it into 2 tops and the first one has already been quilted and donated. This is a lovely quilt in bright colours and will brighten the room of a Peter Mac patient . Thank you so much for your support Jo.
This large top was donated by Erika C. from NSW and she found it in a bag of fabric and thought of my quilt projects. I think it was probably a cheater fabric and it will make 2 and possibly 3 quilts,  especially if I add borders. The fabric will make lovely quilts to donate so I want to send a big thank you to Erika for your support.
     Joan G. from Vic also donated 4 large bags and 2 boxes of fabric for donation quilts and I have already started to use her lovely fabric as backing and binding for Jo's quilt. Many thanks for thinking of my quilt projects again when you were down sizing, Joan. As lots of the fabric was in very large pieces it will be ideal for backings and bindings as well as making more tops.
 
Thank you all so much for your ongoing support with these quilt projects to bring comfort to others. Every quilt we finish and donate does make a huge impact on letting others know we're thinking of them as they deal with various challenges in their lives. There's also nothing which warms my heart more than seeing someone wrapped in a quilt we have donated so I  need to keep quilting and donating. I'm  thrilled that I am getting lots of long term UFOs finished and donated too and have a couple more ready to quilt so hope to share them soon.
Many thanks again dear friends.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment: