Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Gum Valley Patchwork.

Gumnut Valley Patchwork had a pop up shop at the Vic Quilter's AGM last week and there were some lovely fabrics and kits for purchase. Linda White's patchwork shop is in the Western District of Victoria, 3 hours from me, but online shopping makes it very easy to purchase. I thought her kits were lovely and the prices were very reasonable too.
I bought 4 kits for small project bags and paper pieces,  fabric, pattern and required zippers etc were all included. Now that I am making bags for the Peter Mac auxiliary shop I thought it would be good to have some easy patterns.
This cute bag has a snap shut closure which is threaded through at the top.

This one uses 1/4 inch hexagons but I could also use 1/2 inch hexies for decoration.

These little project bags will be ideal for taking my hand stitching along to meetings and Sit and Sew gatherings. Now I just need to work on one  at a time so they don't get put away and forgotten.
       I have no affiliations with Linda's business but thought I would give her business a "shout out" as I thought her kits were well priced and very cute. Perhaps it's time for me to make a few new things for me but the call if more UFOs is also insistent.  Check back to see which won.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Yes great kits at a good price...have fun making them.

Jill. said...

Just a slight correction, if I may - the shop is Gum Valley Patchwork - not Gumnut. Might be a tad misleading if others are looking for the products.