Monday, June 7, 2021

Catching Up.

I missed posting this fro May 13th






 More lovely donations have arrived but I haven't had time to unpack and document everything yet as family commitments are taking precedence at the moment. Jan Lock , Beryl Webb and the Casey U3A Patchwork and Quilting group delivered a roll of batting, quilts and kits to make tops. I picked up about 6 large tubs of donations from Vikki Hope's deceased estate and there's lots of lovely UFOs, stitcheries, orphan blocks etc. Maia Butler and her sister Magret, from NSW, donated a huge box of quilts , hand knitted garments and tops. The quilt was donated by Trinity Patchworkers and they also donated hand knits, tops etc. Norma Aitken also donated a large amount of fabric, teddy bears and some hand knits.

I will share more photos as I unpack things but in the meantime I'm also busy stitching labels on quilts and packing them for delivery to various organisations as there is an increased demand for quilts and blankets now that the weather is cold here. I don't like to stockpile quilts when there are families who don't have bedding and I am running out of room as I have lost a major storage area as we've had to loan our caravan to our DD and her family while they renovate their bathroom, ensuite and toilets. They're also dealing with 2 toddlers and a newborn so they need the caravan more than I do at the moment.
Many thanks everyone for your very generous donations. Xx

No comments: