Friday, December 27, 2019

Never Idle.

 We had a lovely family Christmas lunch and will do it all again at the end of next week to catch up with family who had to work on Christmas Day. Now it's time to rest up a bit and watch Australia play New Zealand in the Boxing Day test match. It was also a good time to start crocheting a new lap blanket for Peter Mac's auxiliary shop.  I found a new pattern to make a rectangular blanket instead of a square and I'm using Caron Cakes which I bought earlier in the year. It's 80% acrylic and 20 % wool and crochets up easily and feels soft which I am really enjoying working with.
As a change for my hand muscles I'm also stitching more 6 pointed stars for AQA, my quilting group , and these will make a nice quilt for a male as I'm avoiding using more feminine colours .
    There's also been a few nanna naps happening and I know that I need to take it a bit easier before we get busy again in the new year. I hope you all had a lovely time with family and friends and now are enjoying a time of relaxation too. Soon I will look back over how much I achieved during the year with my quilting and decide on some plans for the coming year but in the meantime I'm enjoying a bit of a change in pace.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Nice you had a lovely Christmas and it's good to see you take some time to relax...

Jenny said...

I'm sure when you get to look back over what you have achieved this year, you will be pleasantly surprised! And your readers will be amazed that you have done so much!