Tuesday, December 31, 2019

It's A Wrap For 2019.


 Today I took some time to review how many quilt tops I have quilted, how many quilts I made and how many baby jackets I knitted for Peter Mac  as these have been what I have focused on this year.
   I quilted 84 tops for my quilting group, Australian Quilters Association.
  I finished 38 of my UFOs - which I am thrilled about, and almost all of them were donated.
I made and finished 23 quilts for family or donation.
I quilted  61 donated tops.
I received 12 donated and finished quilts for Peter Mac made by my lovely blog readers.
I donated 2 crocheted blankets, which was less than usual. This is because I usually work in them when we are travelling and we didn't go away this year.
I knitted 14 baby jackets for sale in the Peter Mac auxiliary shop as well as other items such as table toppers, cushion covers and cloth bags.
I finished 31 quilts from QAYG blocks which were mostly donated by my lovely blog readers.
We donated 110 Oz Comfort Quilts throughout the year, with 78 going to Peter Mac Cancer Centre , 29 to Anglicare and 3 to Odyssey House.
I finished this baby jacket last night and you probably can't see it in the photo but I ran out of wool so I had to use another pink yarn and alternated the yarns in the top section so it was less obvious. I had already planned to donate this one to a group which receives donations for pregnant women who have escaped domestic violence. They said that there is also a big demand for cot and bassinet blankets so I will focus on a few of these too. They don't accept quilts as they can't be used for babies and toddlers. I will write a future post about their group in case anyone else wants to donate to them. They will also accept gently used baby clothes so I will sort through those I have on hand here which aren't  being used.
     So that's the end of 2019 and I'm very happy with finishing 98 quilts myself as well as quilting 84 for AQA. I aim at quilting 100 a year for AQA but baby sitting took up more time this year and that will also be the case in 2020. It's very rewarding to know that something I love to do such as quilting and knitting can help those in need in our communities and however many things I finish next year will make a difference to some people and I will have to be content with that. Looking after 2 very active grandsons is very rewarding and also very tiring and I can see that my output might be down next year but I will enjoy every moment of watching them grow. Seeing little Jake (not yet 2 1/2) sing Twinkle, twinkle little star with hand actions, is such a joy and little Aidan is now 7 months old and he's also found his voice with lots of noisy babbling.
I hope you all have a happy and safe New Year's Eve tonight and good health and happiness in the year to come.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

4 comments:

jacaranda said...

Al the very best for 2020 Jan. You are a treasure and so many people are grateful for all you have done to make their days better.

ButterZ said...

Such a lovely post. I admire your work and how much you achieve. Please post about the sizes for the blankets for babies. I'd love to help.
HAPPY NEW YEARS...

Jenny said...

It is wonderful how much to achieve with your donations and charity work. Wishing you and your family a happy New Year.

Marijke said...

I wish you and Ray a happy 2020 ,so much achieved last year ,amazing !!!
Love the photos of the grandchildren ,lots of love Marijke