Monday, March 18, 2019

UFO Monday.

 After making lots of the diamond flowers with half inch hexagons I decided to add some more to the main piece. I added 7 diamonds and will continue to make more diamonds and add them to this piece. The 1930s reproduction diamonds have fitted in well with the others and don't stand out as being different, even though they all have a yellow centre hexagon.
 I also made more blocks to use up some floral fabric strips. I have had them for years and decided to use them for a centre of a Star block.  I'm not sure if I have any more of the string pieces left but will make a few more if I need to and then finish off another UFO  donation quilt.
 This is the hand appliqued Block of the Month donated to AQA, my quilting group. I'm enjoying hand stitching this piece in the evening and it's going together fairly quickly. I almost finished this block this week and just have a few more flowers to stitch and the stems to embroider.
I finished this block as well and I'm back basting the applique pieces down which I find is a quicker way to hand applique. It's been a fairly productive week working on UFOs and I plan to keep at it.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Your Hexie Quilt is growing !
Nice way to use your Scrappy rows..
Enjoy sewing your appliqué.