Monday, March 11, 2019

UFO Monday - 3rd Finish for 2019.

 This is a cheeky finish as I am taking this half inch hexagon project off the list and combining it with the half inch hexiesof my Insanity quilt. Believe it or not, I had started a second Insanity quilt in 1930s reproduction fabrics and had made 17 diamond hexagons. This was madness as I already had two large half inch hexagon projects on the go. I decided to forget making a second Insanity quilt and use them in my current Insanity quilt.

 I also made 17 diamonds for the centre of the quilt. There were already 62 of the required 158 diamonds and added to those repro diamonds and this week's finishes, I now only have to make 55 more.
 Suddenly this is looking achievable if I keep stitching these diamonds a few nights a week. Then I will start adding them with the white joining hexies to finish the centre piece.
Progress has been made with this hand appliqued UFO, needing only to hand embroider the flower stems, and I have traced 2 more designs on background so will get started on the next one.
      Now that I'm focused on getting more of these old donated UFOs finished as well as more of my UFOs finished, I'm finding that blogging about them too is helping me to stay focused.
       I don't know how many UFOs are on my list but any I can cross off as finishes is making me feel happy about my progress so I am going to combine some UFOs which were just blocks and get all sorts of odds and ends finished up as quilts to donate which uses up my stash as well as those orphan blocks or projects I started in a class and never got back to finishing.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Very impressed by how you are finishing so many UFOs. I need to do the same.

Maria said...

What ! Two Insanity hexie Quilt tops, hmm that is insane sew I'm pleased you are combining them.....
Great to have nearly completed the appliqué too.
Well done!