Friday, October 22, 2021

Freedom Day and Donations Arrive.

We're finally out of lockdown in Melbourne and it's a relief but I think it's going to take some time before we feel confident in going shopping etc. Working on quilts for Oz Comfort Quilts has kept me busy and I have also started listing lots of items for sale. I received 7 large tubs of fabric, patterns, UFOs and cross stitch patterns which have been donated to Peter Mac Cancer Centre,  as well as donations from deceased estates. Normally I finish off the Peter Mac donations and they then sell them in their auxiliary shop but they're unable to open the shop due to the pandemic so I will sell the items online and donate the money instead. The donations I've received from deceased estates for Oz Comfort Quilts,  which aren't appropriate for our use will also be sold and the money donated to Peter Mac,  with the donor's prior agreement.

I have started a Facebook group  and an Instagram pages, both called Jan Mac Destash and I will also be selling my books, patterns etc as well as my collection of vintage and antique quilts,  tops and blocks to create some storage space for Oz Comfort and raise funds to help with the costs of finishing quilts. It will be hard to part with my treasures as I have been collecting since the mid 1990s but we have greatly reduced storage now that we've moved from our large farmhouse and there's little value in having things in boxes when someone else can enjoy them. There's been some interest in them so I  plan on listing the antiques on Sunday afternoon. There's going to be more listing's as I have a lot to get through.

In the meantime more lovely donations have arrived for Oz Comfort Quilts have arrived. Maria Wilson from WA is a long-term supporter of Oz Comfort Quilts and she sent another parcel with 6 beautiful Santa Sacks,  a beautiful baby quilt/playmat and 6 soap pouches.  She also included 8 beautifully knitted beanies from Jean Amos.  



Ann Grant from NSW is also a long-term supporter and this time she sent a beautifully crocheted blanket as well as 4 extra squares and 2 balls of wool.

Loreen Kelly (Vic) sent another parcel and she sent 10 lovely drawstring bags,  2 pencil cases, 9 novelty pens and 107 lovely soap pouches.
Thanks so much for saving me time by counting them and adding a note.
Enjoy your freedom and stay safe everyone. 
Hugs, Jan Mac 


 

No comments: