Monday, July 8, 2019

UFO Monday.

 My motivation to finish more UFOs is continuing and I really want to get this quilt finished for Jake before I finish Aidan's first quilt so this one will be getting my focus this week. Today I made the pieces for the fox and fused it to the background .
 I still have more things to add as Jake loves caterpillars,  ants and ladybirds, and I guess that is why this quilt has languished as a UFO as I have to draw most of the animals and insects. One bonus with taking my time is that Jake is more aware of insects etc that I can add to his quilt.
 This unfinished top is also going to be another UFO I want to finish. It was donated years ago and it's very pretty but when I was going to quilt it I found that the applique still needed to have the stitching finished to attach it to the quilt.  It shouldn't take too long to finish once I find suitable thread which matches what has been used.
Hopefully I will have more to share soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

5 comments:

Maria said...

What fun to have Jake contribute ideas to his fun quilt...
The UFO will be lovely when you have worked on it ....

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I just love that baby quilt--how sweet--
luv, di

Marijke said...

A lovely babyquilt ,is there a pattern ? i like to youse it for my charity quilts.
hugs Marijke

Linda said...

This is working out beautifully. Great that Jake is contributing his ideas. A future Quilter perhaps?

Ulla said...

Beautiful appliques, for both quilts!