Saturday, July 13, 2019

AQA Quilt In.

 Today was my quilting group's Quilt In and it was a very enjoyable day chatting with old and new friends.
 There was a Silent Auction which I  supported and I was lucky enough to win on 6 items. I placed lots of bids as the items were going too cheaply and it's a good way to raise funds for the group. This BOM was one item that I won.
 This complete kit and pattern was another.
 This little hexagon purse with pattern, 1/2 inch hexie papers, bag handle attachments and fabric was one I loved and will keep for myself.
 There was a bundle of 7 Kaffe Fassett knitting and needlework books  which was another I won.
 Another lovely applique pattern with fabric to get started. Below you can see some of the hexagons I joined to decorate bags. Another great way to use up scraps and make pretty items for Peter Mac to sell.
 Our guest speaker was award winning quilter, Sugy Kim, who gave a very interesting talk on how she designs and makes her original quilts.
 This photo is the last item I won in the Silent Auction and it's a kit to make a lap sized quilt. I doubt that I will make the included pattern, but as I paid less than the fabric is worth, that won't matter and I will probably use the fabric to make another lap quilt for sale.
It was a lovely gathering on a wet day and well supported by quilters from other groups, with lots of friendly chatter. A good reminder too that I am so lucky to meet so many like minded quilters for a social day .
Hugs, Jan Mac 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Pleased you had a lovely day out with your like minded friends....
you were lucky to win bids on many treasures.... enjoy...