Thursday, July 4, 2019

UFO Finish - 18th and Catch Up.

 This quilt is my 18th UFO finish so far this year and it's great to have it done. I had started working on it a few times before but didn't have any blocks that would suit them to make it a larger quilt so it kept getting put back in the cupboard. Just using the 4 large blocks made an ideal size for a lap quilt and it's been donated for sale in the Peter Mac auxiliary shop.


 This little cardigan was finished last night so it was donated today along with the rest of items I've made in the past 2 weeks. 

I delivered 6 lap quilts, 1 larger quilt, 2 handmade bags, 2 chemo beanies and 4 knitted baby jackets,  to the Peter Mac auxiliary shop today and hopefully their sale will help raise much needed funds for patient services .
I also repaired this lovely well used quilt and replaced the binding, for a friend, so it will prolong it's life and allow her family to continue  to enjoy it. There was no time for sewing yesterday as we had Jake come over to play for the day, but I'm still getting things finished and more UFOs out of the cupboards so I'm very pleased with my progress this week. Today I also basted and quilted 2 more tops so they will be bound tomorrow and more tops and bags finished to share soon.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

No comments: