Tuesday, January 29, 2019

UFO Monday.

 I've decided to regularly post on my progress on finishing my UFOs this year as I found that it was very motivating in completing Jake's Christmas stocking.  I need to get more UFOs finished but I won't start listing them as I don't even know where lots of them are packed away. Instead, as I find them I plan to work on them to a finish. Ì spend so much time finishing other people's UFOs, quilting tops etc and my own get left unfinished .
  This first one was a doll quilt I started in June last year when I attended a quilt study weekend run by Leah Zieber. She designed the pattern based on an antique doll's quilt from her collection. I had completed the first 3 rounds and half of the 4th round when I found it yesterday. The hexagons are half inch and I hope to have more progress to share next week.
The other UFO I found is the Insanity Quilt a design by Rhonda Pearce. I started this in 2014 but stalled with it as at the same time, I started another large hand pieced project, also using half inch hexagons. I even started a Facebook group for other quilters to encourage each other's progress. The other reason this quilt had stalled is because we sold our farm and needed to downsize into a smaller home. Making large quilts seemed less of a priority as they require larger storage space. I've decided to keep stitching and get it finished but I am considering not making it as large as the original design. I have been stitching it on most evenings this week and have made 6 or 7 more large flower hexie shapes as well as stitching about 6 onto the main piece.
   I'm still enjoying stitching the small hexies and will be very happy to cut down on my UFOs. Some were just small pieces, a block or half a top etc. and they may be repurposed but the main achievement will be removing lots of these bits and pieces.
     Thanks for reading dear blogging friends as I am sure that posting about mh progress will help me keep my focus on my own UFO finishes.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

3 comments:

Maria said...

I think its great you are taking some time to complete some of your own lovely hexie projects...

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

UFO's watch out--you are getting worked on and my even see the finish line--
bet all of yours are so happy!!!
looking good so far and best of luck--
luv, di

Marijke said...

I,m still working on my hexiequilt .not finished yet .moved house and a lot happended around me last year .now I have a broken wrist .so no stiching at the moment Hugs Marijke