Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Cross Stitch Tuesday.

 Look what I found packed away in a box. My eldest DD stitched 5 blocks for me as a Christmas gift but ran out of time to finish the outline and add the decorative beads. I told her that I would finish them for her. They must be at least 12 to 15 years old, or maybe older and they mean a lot as she put a lot of time into stitching them. I think I will either frame them or make a quilted wall hanging.
     I'm excited to have found them again as they deserve to be displayed and enjoyed rather than be stored in a box. I'm going to really enjoy finishing them off and maybe stitching the remaining blocks too as they are a set of 12. They are stitched on 18 count Aida so fairly delicate and the beading adds a nice touch.
This block is finished and I think I must have stitched the outer frame and added beads 7 or 8 years ago. I'm sure that blogging my weekly progress will keep me motivated and get them finished.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

4 comments:

Linda said...

I've never done crossstitch or a lot of embroidery but I can appreciate how much work went into making these pictures. How lovely to have found them again, hidden gems. Enjoy making more to add to your daughter's efforts.

Mari paz said...

Preciosas colección me encanta seguro que poco a poco los terminas.un beso

Maria said...

Sweet cross stitch to play with... Have fun....

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

These are beautiful. It will nice to finish them and have them on display :)