Sunday, May 5, 2024

Mainly Sewing.

I've just returned from a 4 day retreat at Mainly Sewing with quilting friends and it was very relaxing but also very productive.  I sewed 2 tops, pin basted 3 tops and quilted one.
We donated 15 quilts for children and 1 special quilt to be raffled by Fusion who do wonderful work with disadvantaged families in the Frankston area. 

The venue is beautifully situated on a few acres and surrounded by bushland, providing a very peaceful atmosphere. 
I attached 3 borders to this quilt top to make it larger and more useful. 
I  took a large tub of donated fabric scraps and some made library bags from them.
I also made 12 drawstring bags and cut some into useful squares. 

 I had received a donation of baby bib pieces and finally finished them so that us another 23 ready for donation and I knitted half of a cardigan for a baby.

It was great to get some UFOs finished and ready for donation as well as spending special time with friends. 

Hugs, Jan Mac xx 

No comments: