Friday, May 10, 2024

Helping The Homeless.

Yesterday I delivered 4 large boxes of donations for an organisation in Dandenong which helps disadvantaged families and the homeless.  We donated 1 very large quilt,  2 knitted beanies, 22 warm jumpers, 5 vests, 50 pair of dress pants and 12 drawstring bags.  The clothing was all obsolete uniforms donated by Ambulance Victoria and I just needed to remove their badges. 

There's a big need for newborn booties so I have added the pattern here. If you do knit them could you please attach them together so they don't lise their mate. They knit up quickly in 8 ply.



 There's also an ongoing need for Santa Sacks sized 16 x 20 inches or 20 x 24 inches, drawstring bags sized 12 x 14 inches, quilts for 7 to 10 year olds sized 40 x 48 inches, crocheted blankets and handknits.

I've also finished another I Spy quilt made from obsolete uniforms and I have more squares ready to sew.

Backpacks 4 Vic Kids have also requested shorts of all sizes.

Many thanks everyone for your support. 
Hugs, Jan Mac xx 

1 comment:

ButterZ said...

I’ll try some bootees for you