Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Donations to Big Group Hug.

Today we donated to  Big Group Hug which operates at Bundoora to support children, aged to 16, from disadvantaged families.  They drove across to pick up the donations which included 19 quilts,  28 blankets,  20 new teddy bears, 32 beautifully knitted beanies,  2 knitted scarves and 1 pair of knitted gloves. We also gave them some donated coats as they are also running a coat drive.

    We had a lot of cot sized crocheted blankets and needed single bed blankets so I joined 4 cot sized blankets together to make a single bed blanket and I  made 2 this way from 8 cot blankets. It was easy once I  ensured that there were the same number of rounds for each blanket and then I just single crocheted them together as well as a round of single crochet around the outer edge.

Today I  was looking at some 6.5 inch squares for an I Spy quilt and Sophie found some of them and didn't want to give them back. She's just 14 months and was patting the fabric and laying them out together.  My DH couldn't believe that she was so taken with the  fabric that she took some home with her. It must be in the genes.
Jake is 4 and already wants to learn how to sew and knit like Nan Nan so I  might be able to start another 2 quilters on their journey of loving crafting. 
Hugs, Jan Mac 

 

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wonderful to be able to send along all the lovely quilts, blankets, teddies, beanies , scarf and gloves to help …
Oh Sophie is such a cutie and how good both her and Jake are interested in crafting…