Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Busy Distraction.

As lockdown continues here I've been keeping busy as a distraction while we can't see our family and we're really missing our precious grandsons so hopefully it won't last too much longer. In the meantime I am getting more quilting done. The first lovely quilt was made from donated QAYG blocks in a larger size and from lots of different Quilters.
Robin Walker and the Fishbowler Sewists from Tasmania donated the next lovely top. 
I needed some mindless sewing after working on the school jackets so I made a baby play mat from fabric strips that I had on hand.
This is a very cute donated top and makes a lovely quilt for a child. 
This lovely QAYG quilt was made from blocks donated by Marie Lee and the Victorian Quilter's Association and they make another beautiful quilt. 
Alison Watson from Victoria donated this top and I used some warm flannelette fabric donated by Carleen Richardson and the Tasmanian ladies to make a warm and cosy quilt.


Norma Aitken and the Waverley Patchworkers donated the fabric and batting for the next top and I stitched a small panel on the top to make another baby play mat.

I also knitted more cute jumpers for teddy bears and a monkey and these will be lovely gifts for little children. It's almost time for the agencies to pack Santa Sacks so I also need to get busy sewing some doll clothes for dolls I am donating.
I hope you're all keeping busy and staying safe,  especially if you're in lockdown again. 
Hugs, Jan Mac 

 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of beautiful quilts and cute teddies/monkey ready to donate while keeping you busy Jan. 😘

kiwikid said...

You have been busy! Wonderful collection.