Friday, April 30, 2021

Many Thanks Sue and Judy.

I forgot to tell you that I finished Sophie's shawl just in time for her arrival. I knitted it in 3 ply and it had almost 1,000 stitches and it took over an hour for each row. Then I had to knit a lace edge to sew around the outside which took a while, even though there weren't many stitches for that, as it measures about 48 inches across.
It was a lot of work but I wanted to gift Sophie with something she could use for her children. I finished knitting on the Monday night and then had to block it on Tuesday. Luckily it dried in time for us to see her on the Thursday. 
Now for more quilts. Sue Palmer  (Vic) has very kindly donated another 2 beautiful quilts for someone in need of comfort. 
Judy Alcock (Vic) also very generously donated the next 7 fabulous quilts.  I love the appliqued cats and mice and the horses.





I also received a thank you from Knox Sexual Offences and Child Abuse Investigation Team , who were very happy to receive the 20 quilts I delivered for their clients last week. The Team Leader said that it was obvious that we had put a lot of time and effort into the quilts. They meet daily  with many victims and witnesses  with anxiety or similar mental health issues and they're sure that their clients will find the quilts to be very comforting. They work with all age groups- a lot of young children, but also adults of all ages and various cognitive impairments,  so I  will check back  with them regularly to see if they need more.

 It's great to know that we can help traumatised people during some challenging times. I spent today binding quilts so I should have more finishes to share soon. 

Many thanks for your generous donations and support everyone. 
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

kiwikid said...

Beautiful shawl Jan. Very happy to help you support the people you do.

Maria said...

Beautiful shawl for Sophie you finished.....
So many lovely tops in the parcel.