Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Busy Quilting, Not Blogging.

The boys were sick last week and I seem to have been busy sewing and quilting but there hasn't been enough time to take photos and blog. Instead there's been lots of cuddles and story reading during the day and then sewing at night. My daughter wanted to make a quilt to welcome a close friend's baby so I cut and pressed while she stitched and we finished it in time to present it to the new parents. 
I've also been busy quilting tops for my quilting group,  AQA,  as we're getting ready to deliver more Oz Comfort Quilts and AQA quilts to Anglicare and I need a few more small ones for children. 


Sue Vranzizan (Vic) is a very generous supporter of Oz Comfort Quilts and she donated the next 2 beautiful quilts as well as 2 very large tops.


Pam Chaffe (Vic) donated several sets of blocks and these lovely blocks in blues and yellows were finished into a beautiful quilt by Kaye Hardman (Vic) which will be really appreciated by its recipient. 
Jan Baker from Trinity Patchworkers finished off this lovely QAYG quilt which was donated by Jenny Jasper (Vic), and Jan also donated another 3 lovely tops.

Mary Anne Rooney (Vic ), another generous supporter has sent Li's lovely flannel top,  backing and batting to make another lovely quilt to donate.
 I've also been busy making connections with new organisations which work with people affected by domestic violence and abuse and we will soon start donating quilts to comfort their clients. I've also received more donations of tops, blocks, fabric etc from deceased estates and will finish these UFOs and donate them to Peter Mac Cancer Centre,  as the families have requested. It looks like I will be busy for a while but I am well on the way toward finishing the baby shawl, thankfully,  as she will be here in 5 or 6 weeks.

Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

More great donations.
Is there a certain size and style for the Santa sacks? Tote bag or drawstring style?

Jan Rhoades said...

Oh my question too Jan. I had the measurements (I thought) but can’t find all the info again. Thanks
Jan R