Thursday, August 20, 2020

UFO Finish No. 9.

 Having more time means that as well as sorting scraps, sewing tops etc, I've been keen to finish off more UFOs. Our precious Jake will be 3 on Monday and we won't be able to celebrate with him so I thought the next best thing will be to finish his quilt so he can wrap himself in a warm hug from us.
    I started his quilt 18 months to 2 years ago and made up the design myself as his Mum wanted a woodlands theme. I procrastinated over it and finally decided that finished was better than a perfect design. I was going to quilt around the applique and do some fancy clouds etc but really it will be dragged around and used to make cubby houses etc so I quilted it with a serviceable cross hatch. It's great to have it finished before he's too old for it and it's also a good feeling to have another UFO finished.
I drew my own version if a caterpillar as he loves them, as well as butterflies. I think he'll be happy with it and it will be warm and cuddly from je, which is the most important thing.
   Now I have discovered a 21 year old UFO so that will be next.  I have other tops that I packed away when we moved and I would love to finish them but I need to find them again first.
Stay safe everyone.
Hugs, Jan Mac.
    

3 comments:

Maria said...

Great finish and Jake will love it.

Jenny said...

Wonderful job on the quilt, your little grandson will love it! As for a 21 year old UFO, I recently finished a 20 year old one, followed by 10 years.

Susie said...

Oh he will love this.
I have a few old UFO's I must get out. Perhaps I should set myself a goal. We're in the Melbourne lockdown so other than work I have no excuse yet I'm still really busy. hehe