Saturday, August 1, 2020

Stitching In Isolation.

 The sun is out today and I have been spring cleaning and it feels good to be able to pack away things we no longer use. We can't drop off things to the Op Shop but it feels like progress to move things out to store in the garage until we can leave home again.
       I have still been busy quilting donated tops but I have also started a few new projects for me. I love hand needle turned applique and I have started Collector with a Needle's new design, Fig Leaves and Flowers, a reproduction of a 19th century quilt. I love the petals and I decided to stitch it predominantly in reds and greens.
 I'm back basting it and find that I get a lot done in the evenings if I have prepped the pieces in advance.
 I'm auditioning fabric for the flowers next to the tulips and then I will start the next wreath surrounding them.
 I have almost finished the Lyre quilt top which was one of Di Ford Hall's designs and I have used fabric that I had in my stash as I couldn't go to the quilt shops.
 I've decided to change my quilt by not adding the sashed border as I was undecided about what to use for the shirting background. Instead I decided to use a lovely border print fabric and it will be ready for quilting soon.
 I also have hand appliqued a UFO piece that has been donated and I will add to it and make a table runner to be sold in the Peter Mac auxiliary shop.
I'm also working on my Poppies quilt so I have plenty to keep me busy for a while in between quilting donated tops. I hope you're all enjoying your stitching too.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Dawn said...

It is so great we have quilting to occupy us during the pandemic.
So enjoy having you in the Fig Leaf and Flowers Quilt Along.

Your border choice for the lyre quilt is perfect!

Happy Stitching!

kiwikid said...

You are working on beautiful projects.