Tuesday, April 2, 2019

UFO Monday - 4th Finish for 2019.

 This UFO was donated as a few made 9 patch blocks and lots of pieces of fabric cut, quite a few years ago. I love the small nine patches made from 1.5 inch squares and it's size and colours make it ideal for a male. It's great to have it finished and it will be donated to a male patient at Peter Mac Cancer Centre. I'm also really happy to have another large UFO off the shelves and it will make more room for some of the many sets of orphan blocks I have to put together as quilts.
There's some really pretty fabric in these blocks and it's a fairly simple design but effective. It didn't come with a pattern, just a few blocks were sewn together so I made up the design myself and it may not have been as the original quilter intended but at least it's finished.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love your finished UFO quilt, Jan. I agree, a simple but very effective design. I'm a fan of 4 patches anyway and I love how you combined those with squares of a variety of fabrics. Yes, good "male" colours.

Linda said...

Sorry, I meant to say I'm a fan of both 4 and 9 patch blocks. They are so versatile and useful.