Friday, December 5, 2014

It's Beginning to Look Like...

...a quilt. I have been making steady progress on re-making the hexagon cut-up dresser runner into a hexagon top again. No one else confessed to having the sad affliction of wanting to rescue old pieces and remake them into their former glory, so I guess it's just me. Although Edie McGinnis told me she has a similar affliction and her sister has told her that it's not her job to rescue all the old and ugly quilts. I think Edie and I must be kindred spirits. LOL
The hexagon flowers were very nicely stitched originally but the white pieces holding them together were not. In fact someone had just taken the scissors to it and cut some hexagon flowers into half. It isn't worth much in money but I am loving fixing this so it can shine as a little quilt, probably as the original quilter intended.
These are this week's single hexagon flowers I've re-made.

It started as this and I can't wait to show you how it looks after it's re-make or make-over. It's more night shifts for me again as this is a very busy week but a quieter one next week.
Hugs, Jan Mac

1 comment:

Marijke said...

there look beautiful Jan.
love the colors.have a nice weekend.