Thursday, May 2, 2013

Support From Holland

 All of these wonderful items were made and donated by a very kind friend, Marijke from Holland. We haven;t met yet but maybe one day. Marijke reads my blog and has sent over quilt tops in the past and this time she has surpassed herself. She sent 7 beautiful tote bags, a lovely crocheted blanket, more crocheted squares, as well as 7 more quilt tops with binding already cut. The bags are also fully lined and will make such lovely gifts for the needy. I think it is so sad to see people with all their worldly goods in plastic bags. It just seems so demeaning to me. They will be very proud of these hand made bags as they are sturdy but also very cute.
   I'll be quilting the tops up very soon so they can warm more bodies this winter. I have finished up 8 quilts in the past few days and the photos are over on my other blog, Oz Comfort Quilts. I had a lovely afternoon taking my Dad (soon to be 88) to the Doctor, shopping and then coffee overlooking the lake. It was lovely sitting in the sun and reminiscing with him and enjoyable for me to be able to give him the time. I plan to get more quilts done tomorrow before night shift and will post my progress again soon.
Thanks for stopping by and please forgive me if I'm slow in responding to you.
Hugs, Jan Mac




3 comments:

http://linda-koshka2quilts@gmail.com said...

Great donation! What is the name of your other blog?

Jan Mac said...

Sorry Linda, I'd forgotten to add the link to my other blog- Oz Comfort Quilts. I've added the link now.
Cheers, Jan Mac

kaiteM said...

That's a lovely eye catching idea for a bag, what wonderful donations. Hope Dad is doing well. k.