Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Warm Quilt From Finland

 The postman has been busy again and has delivered a fabulous quilt all the way from Finland. Ulla, one of my blogging friends from Finland, (her blog is http://kotkarankki.blogspot.com.au ) sent this quilt which uses striped fabric to make a beautiful secondary design and it will be very much appreciated by its new owner. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with the needy, Ulla.
 I also received two more lovely blocks from an anonymous donor. The final two quilts were donated tops that I quilted for the last shipment and the bright one will cheer a small child; while the second one is a cheater cloth top and will also warm someone this winter.
 The quilts are much brighter in person but the day was overcast so the photos aren't showing the true colours.
On Sunday, we drove 4 hours to make the delivery of quilts, blankets and donated goods and then stayed overnight in Melbourne before making our way home again. I sent off 17 quilts and 4 crocheted blankets (2 of which were donated) and I finished the last blanket in the car on our way.
 While we were in Melbourne I attended my quilting group's meeting and it was lovely to catch up with friends again. Today I took it easy after the frantic quilting activity last week and because I'm still recovering from night shift. Tomorrow will be spent taking my Dad to appointments etc and yes Kaite he is quite well but aging and he will be 88 next month.
 This afternoon was time for a catch up with my sister and time went too quickly but I'm grateful that we live close enough to catch up regularly.
  I hope you are all enjoying some time with family and friends too.
Hugs, Jan Mac



3 comments:

Maria said...

WOW that's a fabulous quilt from Ulla.
Nice quilts ready to go to a loving owner.

Lynne said...

Oh wow! That quilt top from Ulla is amazing!

writermama50 said...

Beautiful work. Any finnish patterns available for quilts