Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mail Call

 It's been a busy time here with another set of UFO donated blocks being turned into a quilt but I had no time to blog on the weekend, so I'll post about that one later. I had a quick trip to Melbourne on the weekend to attend my Melbourne quilting group's Christmas meeting and also to catch up with family. I cam back Monday afternoon and then had a dinner out with my local quilting group- so I've been a very social butterfly and only some time for hand sewing which I'll share later.
In the meantime the postman has been very busy here with two lovely parcels of blocks from Western Australia. The first parcel came from Anne-Marie Ward (WA) and she sent some lovely blocks and fabric to make into more quilts. Cait Gordon, who is also from WA also sent a lovely parcel of UFOs and orphan blocks which will also be turned into a quilt ASAP.
  Also I received a bundle of 1930s fabrics which I have fallen in love with since piecing my Joseph's Coat with Buttons. I have more beautiful quilts I want to make with the fabrics and as the pile was very depleted by Joseph's Coat I couldn't resist adding more to my stash. One of them is even very like the original vintage fabric from the Sawtooth Stars blocks I'm re-making from the 1930s quilt which had seen better days.
 So lots of things happening here on the sewing and finishing of more quilts, and I even took the afternoon to see the new James Bond film with DH, so a good few days all around. Tonight I'm going to get busy with more quilting and will share more finishes very soon.
  I hope you are also enjoying the festive season as well as some time for sewing what you love.
 Hugs, Jan Mac



No comments: