Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Finishes and New Beginnings

 I have been very productive with getting more quilts finished over the last few days and plan to send off another large box to be given to the needy at Christmas time. It's only 3 weeks away now so the time ti going very quickly and paid work is intruding into my time again.
  These pretty blocks were donated a while ago and have been patiently waiting their turn at being finished. Once I got all the blocks completed it didn't take too long to make the top and get it quilted and it will make a lovely gift for someone to receive. I also quilted and finished off 2 more donated tops today as well as making some more QAYG blocks and another QAYG quilt finished. I'll show photos of those on my other blog.
 The last photo shows my latest downfall- I just wanted to see what they would look like. These diamonds are 1" along the side measurement and are using up the left-over scraps from my 1930s quilt, Joseph's Coat with Buttons. I couldn't resist just seeing how they would look and as I've always wanted to make the Seven Sister's pattern it seems that I have started another new WIP. Oh dear- not what I planned but sometimes these things just happen.
 Hugs, Jan Mac



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pinwheel quilt is gorgeous. Some lucky person in need will love it I'm sure!

Peta

Lynne said...

Oh, wow! I love how you put the pinwheel top together!