Tuesday, February 12, 2019

UFO Monday - First Finish for 2019.

 It's funny how finishing off one of your own UFOs can be so rewarding, even though I finish off lots of UFOs during the year it's always a good feeling to finish some of my own.
 This one started as a block of hexagons with an online group. There was a new block every month and I only made a couple before I either list interest or ran out of time. Or both. The blocks were large at about 18 inches and the hexies measured 1 inch.
 I thought it would make a good donation quilt for a baby so I appliqued more hexagons on alternate blocks to make a larger top. Last week I stitched 3 more hexagons to squares and had enough for the pieced border,  finishing it off over the weekend .

I'm very happy to have a finish of one of my UFOs so early in the year and hope to have a second one done very soon. This one turned out better than I'd hoped and was all made from stash, even the backing, so there is a little space on the shelves.
Hugs, Jan Mac 

2 comments:

Linda said...

A lovely UFO finish, very satisfying I'm sure! What size is your finished quilt?

Ulla said...

Finishing a project, small or a big one, is always rewarding. Finishing UFOs makes you feel even better! Good idea to use the big block with borders to make a little quilt.