Monday, January 12, 2015

Some Quilts Take 20 Years.

 Since Christmas I have finished 4 quilts which has been a great achievement! Two of them were UFOs of 20 years ago. One of them had all the blocks completed and this one just had the 7 appliqué blocks finished so I had to make the other 8 alternate blocks. I'm really happy with this finish and still feel like maintaining my progress as long as I can as I really want to clear some of the UFOs out as well as the scraps.
This book "Around the Block" byJudy Hopkins is the other book I use most frequently. It has lots of different blocks and when I have a pile of scraps as squares and half square triangles, I select a block from the book and make enough for a quilt. As well as clearing out more UFOs I've been able to use up a lot of fabric for the backings and it allows me to clear out some of my older fabric.
 I hope you are also finding some time for some finishes but I doubt you have UFOs as old as these. If I'd kept them any longer they would have become vintage.
Hugs, Jan Mac

3 comments:

Maria said...

That's an impressive finish tally Jan! The quilts look wonderful.

marijke Kleefman-Sandee said...

Love this finished quilt .great colors!!!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

It would take me far more than 20 years to finish any of your quilts, Jan. Well..unless I had some donated blocks first ;-) Love these!