Monday, January 19, 2015

Scrap Play and Building Blocks.

 In between curtain making I took some time to sort more scraps and make more blocks for future projects. These are 4.5 inch long scraps which are less than 1 inch wide and I'm just sewing them together as random strips, making the squares 4.5 inch in size (4inch finished).
These are blocks from one of Bonnie Hunter's (Quiltville) design from Quiltmaker magazine. I paid $2.99 for the online magazine copy. The pattern is called Wild and Goosey and the squares measure 3.5 inches (3inch finished). They are put together with 1.5 inch joining strips and a corner square but they would also look cute just using the squares.
These are some new squares for a new project and measure 2.75 inches. I had a few minutes so it was good to work with some new fabric and not just scraps. I need 144 of these half square triangles and have made 60 so far.
  I'm back to work again tonight so hope to get some more work done on the curtains first. The weather has been a bit cooler which has been a help for those bigger jobs. I'm enjoying working with my scraps but these patterns don't use up much fabric.
Hugs, Jan Mac

No comments: